Saturday 21 April 2012

Ssshhhh...

I decided to make some charm bracelets to give as gifts, but i'd best not say who they're for in case they read this before i give them out and ruin the surprise, so sshhh!



For any beginner jewellery maker, charm bracelets are a great thing to make as they really help you to practice wrapping beads. All you need is a length of chain, some head pins, round nose and flat nose pliers, wire cutters, fasteners and some nice beads. then all you do is put a bead on a head pin, and wrap the bead onto the chain. Since you're doing the same thing over and over again with each bead, it really helps you to become more confident when wrapping beads, and you get a great bracelet at the end of it!

I also wanted to show you a necklace i made.


I recently saw a necklace similar to this in a shop and it gave me a great idea to make this and use up all the leftover pearls i had (and it makes room for new beads!). Although, if you are going to make this, be careful with how many different colours of pearls you use as too many colours can ruin the overall effect. I'm also planning to make earrings to match in each different colour, to suit whatever mood i'm in! 

Hope this gives you some new ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rosanagh,

    I love this necklace! Do you sell your jewellery anywhere? Like etsy?

    Best wishes,
    Eiidh McDonald
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eilidh,

      Thank you for the compliment! I'm not currently selling any of my jewellery but hope to do so in the near future, once i'm a bit more organised and have some spare time on my hands. Don't worry, i'll put up a post when i start selling some, so keep checking the blog!

      Rosanagh

      Delete